There are notes related to administering the DiLL (Digital Language Lab) software.
Information on installing the software is located here: DiLL digital language lab software
To create an account in DiLL, a student or teacher needs to log in at dill.d-e.org or d-e.dillconnect.com using a My DE username and password. (The My DE username does NOT include @d-e.org). This will automatically create an account with student rights.
To promote a student account to a teacher/instructor account, the teacher has to first create an account by logging in as above then a DiLL "superuser" has to promote the account to instructor.
To promote an account to Instructor:
An Instructor may review student recordings using the web interface.
- Log in to D-E's DiLL website using a "superuser" account via dill.d-e.org or d-e.dillconnect.com.
- Identify the "short name" of the account to be promoted to teacher. (The shortname usually matches the My DE username.) You can search for accounts under Administrative Menu > Manage local user accounts.
- After you know the short name, go to Administrative Menu > manage and promote instructors
- Tye the short name into the Promote an instructor box and click add.
To change an instructor account back to student, check the box in the Trash column corresponding to the account then click the Remove Administrator Statuses button.
To promote an account to Superuser:
A Superuser may upload lesson tracks to the shared catalog and edit user accounts.
- Log in to D-E's DiLL website using a "superuser" account.
- If the account is not already an Instructor, promote it to Instructor using the directions above.
- Go to Administrative Menu > manage and promote instructors
- Check the superuser box for the account to give superuser and click the button Save Superuser changes.
To remove Superuser, do the same as above, but uncheck the superuser box.
Technical Information Here: DiLL for CS Staff