Pushpage Distribution Groups
This document details how to create a new pushpage distribution group.
In this example, we'll be creating a Distribution Group for all Alumni of the Class of 2019.
Step 1: Create the List of Constituents for the Distribution Group
- Sign into MyDE, and switch to the Core module.
- Under Analysis, go to Manage Lists.
- Under List actions, click the button for Manage basic and advanced lists
- Click the Add button to create a new list, and select Create Basic List.
- Select the "Topic" you wish to use to create the list. There are presets for current faculty & staff, or current students and parents. If there is no matching topic, select Constituent Detail, then hit Next.
- Give your list a Name and a Category so you can find this list later.
- Check the box for Enable Mail Labels and Enable Mail Merge.
- Set your criteria to filter your list as needed. Since I'm trying to build a list for Alumni in the Class of 2019, here is an example:
- Click the Run button in the bottom right to see a preview of your constituent list.
- Once you're happy with the result, click Save & Exit to save your list.
Step 2: Create the Pushpage Distribution Group
- Under Communication, go to Pushpage.
- Under Distribution Groups, select Create Distribution Group.
- Give the list a name.
- Under Add List(s), select the Constituent List you created in Step 1, then click Add Selected List.
- Under Add Static User(s), you can manually add in a constituent to also a receive a copy of any email sent to this Distribution Group (such as yourself, if you wish to receive a copy of the messages).
- Here's a copy of what it should look like when you finish:
- Click Save & Exit when you have finished. Your Pushpage Distribution Group is now ready for use!