Summer Connections Staff Resources
Connect to the WiFi --
Network Name DES
See computer services for password
Connect to a classroom projector --
Get a Dongle to connect to VGA from a Chromebook, Macbook, or Yoga
To connect wirelessly from a Mac, use AirPlay to access an apple TV
To connect wirelessly from a Yoga, use the WID software
To Login use the username Summer and the password summerfun
To Print, select ADS_BW or ADS_Color. You can release a print job from any black and white Xerox machine. You can release color print jobs from the library.
To login to the xerox machine use pin# 555999
General Computer troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure the computer has adequate power.
- Restart the computer
- Ensure the computer is connected to wifi
- Ensure you can access the Internet (can you execute a google search)
- Many iPad issues can be resolved by doing a "hard reset." Hold down the power and the home buttons for about 10 seconds -- until you see the apple logo appear on the screen.
General AV troubleshooting tips:
- Restart the Apple TV (needs to be done once a day)
- Power cycle the rack - ensure that it is on. Use the big red button in the AV rack
- Colors are messed up when using a VGA cable? Check to make sure none of the pins are bent.
- No Audio? WID supports wireless audio, but you may need to check the output setting on the audio control panel on a Mac. Also, Latest version of Mac OS does not support WID wireless audio.