Host website with Google Drive
To host a website with Drive:
- Open Drive at drive.google.com and select a folder.
- Click the Share button at the top of the page.
- Click Advanced in the bottom right corner of the sharing box.
- Click Change....
- Choose On - Public on the web and click Save.
- Before closing the sharing box, copy the folder ID from the URL in the field below "Link to share". The folder ID is a string of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers in the URL between ?id= and &usp=sharing
- e.g. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6BddLAjIhkSfmU1LTF3bWN6Mmw5aWE3MklMU3MzMkFCa1dOU3g2eFlJdnZEaldBdDU0TFk&usp=sharing
- The address for accessing your website is "www.googledrive.com/host/[doc id]" where [doc id] is replaced by the folder ID you copied in step 6.
- Anyone can now view your webpage.
- You may want to use a URL shortener such as bitly.com, tinyurl.com, or goo.gl before sharing the address.
- If you put an index.html file in the Google Drive folder, it will automatically be loaded. Otherwise, a list of files in the folder will be displayed.
- When you address pages or images in your site form other pages (such as the index.html), use relative addressing with no domain.
- e.g. <a href=hello.html>Hello</a> world!
Most of the above taken directly from Drive Help.